This Program Has Moved to TECH ACCESS. For more information, please contact:
Jayne Rabideau, Program Coordinator
Rhode Island Materials Access Center
110 Jefferson Blvd., Suite 1
Warwick, RI 02888-3854
The National Instructional Materials Access Center (NIMAC)
- A repository for NIMAS conformant files
- Receives XML files sent from publishers that can be transformed into specialized formats for use by qualified students.
Rhode Island Materials Access Center (RIMAC) will
- Determine how the State of Rhode Island will assess the need for educational materials in accessible formats, assist the local school departments in determining how student need will be identified, document needs in student's IEPs, and certify the eligibility of students for NIMAC materials.
- Develop data management and tracking systems for managing NIMAS files and provide educational materials in accessible formats.
- Create an integrated system that coordinates NIMAC related requests and education media activities for students with visual impairments and other print disabilities with educational media activities that benefit children with disabilities who do not meet the NIMAC requirements but who need accessible versions of educational materials.
- Create a lending and resource library.