Educators, parents, agencies, or businesses may contact the Regional Transition Center for information, assistance, and support in preparing students ages 14 to 21 for a successful transition from school to adult life.
The Northern R.I. Regional Transition Center offers:
- Professional development and technical assistance to schools, agencies, and businesses
- Regional workshops on a variety of transition topics
- A lending library of transition-related curriculum, information and resources
- Individual support and referral services
- Career exploration and vocational assessment services for students
- Transition-related services and programs for students
- Transition technical assistance to Northern Rhode Island school districts.
For more information, please contact Cindy VanAvery, Regional Transition Coordinator, at (401) 721-0709 or email@example.com .
Transition Advisory Council
The NRIC Transition Advisory Council (TAC) is composed of teachers, social workers, rehabilitation counselors, and representatives from various adult service agencies.
The Transition Advisory Council meets monthly and is coordinated by Cindy VanAvery, Regional Transition Coordinator. Please call (401) 721-0709 for more information.