- A short term, intensive, one-to-one training intended to teach people with disabilities, seniors and individuals in transition from school to travel safely and independently on fixed route public transportation in their community to a regularly visited destination, then to be able to get back to the origin.
- Based on the individual’s skill level, the length of training will vary for each trainee
- Training consists:
- Structured comprehensive Project Action Easter Seals Curriculum
- Pre & Post test
- Individualized instruction in the real environment
- Learn the options of public transit
A FREE 12 hour Train-the-Trainer Course
- Train professionals working with youth & elderly the necessary skills to teach such individuals how to utilize public transportation
- Teaches safety, transit options, and real life travel situations
- Identify issues/barriers related to transportation and design individualized plans for the student/client for potential solutions
Based on my experience, I recognize that the accessibility and utilization of public transportation for youth with disabilities and the elderly has been consistently identified as a barrier for opportunities to be involved in the community in various ways. Please contact me with any questions, concerns, or interest in learning more about RI’s transit options.
If you want to learn more information on individualized travel training and/or the 12 hour train-the-trainer course, please contact: Georgia Guiney at 721-0709(wk) 486-7606(cell) or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.