TEC has moved to a new location! Please click here for directions.
The Transition Employment Center is a multi-faceted community-based program which services the transitional needs of clients with disabilities, ages 18-21, in an age appropriate natural environment. In the TEC, the Northern RI Collaborative has developed an innovative, cutting-edge approach to transition programming of clients with disabilities who have met their high school credit and course requirements.
This program services as a bridge between high school and adult life by involving clients in a variety of vocational, social, recreational, and independent living activities within their communities.
The Transition Employment Center will:
- Identify client transition needs by individually administered assessment batteries
- Develop an individual transition plan for each client
- Assist clients in developing a career portfolio
- Offer full day internships, with career development seminar training, based on individual needs
- Provide job placement and training
- Coordinate transition to adult services
- Provide instruction in the following domains
- Self Determination / Self Advocacy
- Employment & Employability Counseling
- Family Involvement
- Community Participation skills